Thursday, June 05, 2008

Home Page Re-Write

So I was looking at my home page and I decided it was time for an update. My home site served me well, but it has become outdated and needs a fresh look and feel along with some updated functionality.

So I have decided to Re-Write the whole thing, but I am going to use it as a learning experience. I am going to use ASP.Net and C# as the base technology, but will be trying some new stuff out as well. What I plan on using:

  • Web Client Software Factory (Re-vist and check out new updates)
  • Silverlight 2.0 Beta (Somewhat New to Me)
  • AJAX.Net (good feel for it but want to look deeper into it)
  • NHibernate(good feel for it If I use a db....)
  • XML to LINQ (New to me)
  • MigratorDotNet (Great DB utility if I use a db.....)
I will be adding to this list as I work on the site.

I really don't have a time frame for when I want to be complete. I plan on working on it as I find time. So please check back as often as you can to catch the updates. Also I have not decided if I am going to use a data store. It will cost me $100 to use Sql Server at my provider, or I could use MySql for $10. I am not a big fan of MySql so I am not sure what I will decide. Maybe I will jump providers..... just a thought.

Anyways that is my update for the week.

No comments: