Monday, July 30, 2007

Smallville

So over the 4th of July weekend my Dad sort of got me hooked on Smallville.

Smallville is the TV show about how Superman became Superman, along with how Lex Luther became evil. I have only seen seasons 1 through 4 and I have to say that for the most part I really like the show.

What pulls me to the show is really the concept. I like the idea of seeing Clark Kent learn about his new abilities and how they relate to the people around them. I think the way the writers develop the characters is really good too. The other thing that is done well is the music selection. The use of new music along with older music and per haps songs that are not very common but yet go with mood of the show.

Another interesting aspect is how they bring in outsiders that we all know, like the Flash, or other Justice League of America heroes. Plus the use of one liners in the show are just great. My favorite so far is when Lex is returning from Egypt after finding the first stone, and Clark is flying to the jet to recover it, and the pilots see him on radar and give the old, "Is it a bird? Is it a plane?" line.

I actually created a Smallville Season One playlist on Yahoo Music.

I am looking forward to watching season five, but since my Dad has not finished it yet I won't get it until he is done. Season Six will be released on September 18th I think.

If you are a fan of Superman I would say you should check it out.

No comments: