Friday, August 03, 2007

Brewers Slump

For the last three weeks I have seen the Milwaukee Brewers drop a 7 game lead on the cubs in the NL Central division race. Yesterday it got even worse with manager Ned Yost and some Players getting into a heated argument in the dugout during the game.

I knew the Cubs were playing well, but I thought the Brewers would be able to hold on to the lead. Don't get me wrong, I think the Brewers will come out of this slump and win the division, I am just surprised that is all.

here are some keys for the Brewers if they are to win the division (in no order of importance).
  • Clean Sheets
    • Ben Sheets needs to come back from injury and not miss a beat.
  • Long Outing with the Guys
    • Starters you need to start pitching seven inning and help your pen so they can help you.
  • Rolaids
    • The pen needs to stop the leak and start pitching like they are capable.
  • All Hail the Prince
    • Prince Fielder needs to start producing like he did in the first half of the season
  • Rookie of the Year
    • Braun needs to continue his high level of play on offense, and improve on defense.
  • Help the Prince and the Rook
    • The Brewers need soem other players to get hot. It doesn't always need to be the same people, but they need six or seven people in the lineup that are producing daily. Hart, Hall, Hardy, Estrada, Graphy, Mench, Council and Jenks I am talking to you.
I honestly don't think all these things need to happen, however if the brewers can achieve four of these goals, I think they will enjoy their first post season game in 25 years.



----------------
Now playing: Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
via FoxyTunes

No comments: