Monday, December 11, 2006

Dot Net Nuke

So I have a client that wanted a DotNetNuke (DNN) Website. I haven't really done much with DNN in the past. For the most part DNN is capable of producing a very easy to manage website.

DNN is a content management solution for the web. It is built with ASP.NET 2.0. The basic install walks you through a simple wizard and once complete builds an initial site. To the site you can then easily add new pages with a few clicks of the mouse. These pages can handle any type of content.

DNN is also very expandable. It is easy to create new modules and even link to external resources. I know in the clients DNN site, we link to an ASP.NET web app from inside an ILINK module. The page looks like you never left the DNN site.

Now even though DNN was easy to work with and very expandable, I still prefer developing web apps without it. I like writing code and doing nice design work, but the content management part of DNN is hard to pass up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Where can I find an ILINK module? Can't seem to find it on the web.

Thanks, Nathan.

Unknown said...

ILink is part of the DNN package.