Friday, June 15, 2007

MacBook Pro

So for the last couple months I have been thinking about getting a MacBook Pro. Growing up I always had apples or macs for my home computer. It wasn't until I got to college that i bought a PC. It was easier for me to do development on it at school, and to be quite honest in the work place.

Ever since Apple moved to the Intel platform, and Macs can now run anything either on OS X or with any flavor of Windows running in emulation, I really have no excuse not to use a mac, except cost.

Well the cost myth has pretty much been debunked thanks to the following post... To add to that, now three people I work with have MacBook Pros. Every time I see them do demos with their macs or just work with them in general, I do get a little jealous.

The other reason I have held back is because I am worried, that although it is a mac that I would work emulated all the time. Since 90% of the work I do is .Net development would I benefit from the Mac part of the Mac. Will the emulation really slow down the development process? Do I have to use ITunes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can run native Windows using BootCamp. Here's the link I used to set up BootCamp and Parallels:

http://lifehacker.com/software/geek-to-live/virtualize-and-dual+boot-the-same-windows-on-your-mac-267905.php

That way, you can dual boot and/or virtualize - whatever you want.

Dan Miser

Anonymous said...

I love the new MacBook Air. MacBooks are so cool.