Sunday, November 19, 2006

Football fun

First I would like to send my regards to the Bo Schembechler family. He was a brilliant coach. Even though he owned my Badgers, I have always respected him.

Next, on to this weekend. My UW Badgers won and finished the regular season 11-1. The game Saturday was a bit sloppy but as Lou Holtz says "You only need to be the best team in the stadium." It looks like the UW Badgers will be invited to play in the Capital One Bowl in Orlando Florida. Again this assumes that Ohio State, and Michigan will be selected to BCS games.

Also, this weekend was perhaps the game of the year. Second ranked Michigan played at first ranked Ohio State. I wasn't really sure who I wanted to win, but I was cheering of Michigan. I wanted to see the team Bo built win one for him. I thought the game would be close, and it was Ohio State won by three points. What surprised me was the number of points scored. Ohio State and Michigan had two of the best defenses in college football, yet they scored a combined 81 points and over 900 yards of total offense. the game was very exciting and you could tell these truly are the best two teams in the nation.

Well that is my quick wrap up of my weekend. As you can see I really didn't do to much.

No comments: